College Park Family Care is proud to have a Functional Medicine Clinic as part of their primary care services. This clinic offers an integration of systems biology and complimentary therapies along with the traditional medical approach. While some individuals experience full remission with conventional approaches, many people may benefit from a more holistic approach to optimize their health outcomes. The Functional Medicine approach looks at the whole person. This healthcare approach is grounded in the following principles: biochemical individuality, patient-centered care, balancing each patient’s physiological pathways while empowering the patient to be an active part of their treatment plan using personalized nutrition support, diet and exercise.
A comprehensive and thorough analysis of your symptoms.
You, the patient, are the center of the Functional Medicine process— not a diagnosis or a disease. Our Functional Medicine trained practitioners spend time listening to your health history and evaluating the interactions among your genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that may be influencing your current health status. We use a comprehensive intake questionnaire, a physical exam and a combination of traditional and some alternative laboratory analysis to gather a complete picture of how your body systems are functioning. Our providers attempt to look “upstream” to consider the root causes of your health issues rather than symptom management.
Learn more about Functional Medicine.
Conditions We Treat
Functional Medicine helps relieve, and in many cases reverse, a variety of symptoms and diseases. Here is a list of common conditions we serve:
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Hormone Imbalances
- Metabolic Disorders
- Muscle Imbalances
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis
- Chronic Fatigue
- Depression and Care
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nutritional Imbalances
- Psychological Support
- Sleep Disturbances
The Functional Medicine Clinic is located within College Park Family Care of Stanley at 15101 Glenwood Avenue, Stanley, Kansas 66223. View Map.
Functional Medicine Clinic Hours
|M-T||8:30 a.m.||3:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m.||3:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m.||4 p.m.|
Call (913) 681-8866 and ask how to make an appointment with the Functional Medicine Clinic.
If your initial visit date is longer than 4-6 weeks away, please ask to be put on the Functional Medicine Clinic waiting list. You can often be worked into the clinic at an earlier date. Thank you for your patience, as this clinic has a very high demand and a 2-3 month wait time is not uncommon.
The College Park Family Care staff scheduling your first visit will direct you to the website to obtain the 3 different forms that must be completed and brought to your initial visit. See “Preparing for Your First Visit” section for these details.
Patients without any of the conditions listed above or requesting to be seen for weight loss, general wellness care, and/or hormone replacement, must be seen in Dr. Williams’ regular clinic first to be screened to see if they are appropriate for the functional medicine clinic.
Pediatric patients (anyone 18 years or younger) must be seen in Dr. Williams’ regular clinic prior to scheduling in functional medicine clinics. Oftentimes pediatric patients are referred to functionally trained dietitians who can meet the needs of the patient without requiring the full functional medicine clinic.
It is very important to come to your first visit well prepared. In order to assist you in this process we have created 3 forms that can be completed ahead of time to assist us in getting to know you and your health concerns in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Appointment Time Agreement - This communication form (that you will need to sign in order to participate with our clinic) was created to clarify expectations for this clinic. You are expected to come 20-30 minutes prior to all your appointments to be sure you have all the necessary paperwork completed. It is also specifies that you need to keep your appointment as scheduled and that we must have 2 business days notice if you need to reschedule. Otherwise, a fee will be charged.
- Basic Intake Form - This form is a three-page document that must be completed before your initial visit. In this form, you begin the process of “telling us all about yourself”. This includes writing out your top three concerns and ending with a timeline of your health history starting at childhood until your current health issues. You will need to bring this completed form to your first visit.
- Medical Symptom Questionnaire/Review of Systems (MSQ/ROS) - This is a two-page document that needs to be completed prior to your initial visit and all follow-up visits. This Symptom Questionnaire is utilized at each visit to monitor symptoms in many body systems/categories. Please read the directions carefully on each side and total each section and overall score just prior to your visit.
**We strongly encourage you that you take the time to download, copy and complete all these forms prior to your initial visit with us. For follow-up visits, please come with your MSQ/ROS form already completed. If you have not completed these forms prior to your visits, you will be given these forms when you check in. However, it is very important that you come 15-30 minutes early to complete all the necessary paper work. Due to high demand for our clinic, timeliness is imperative to meeting the needs of each of our patients. Your preparation and promptness helps us to honor and adequately treat our patients.
It is very important to follow through on all the recommendations made at your initial visit for best outcomes. It might be helpful to bring a written list of any questions you may have for the functional medicine team to address at your follow up visits.
- Medical Symptom Questionnaire/Review of Systems (MSQ/ROS) - This is a two-page document (already discussed in the “Preparing for Your First Visit” section) will be the only form you repeat and bring to every visit.
Commercial and Government Insurance Plans: If you have an insurance plan that is participating with College Park Family Care, the time you spend with the Functional Medicine team of clinicians is billed to your insurance under Dr. Ted Williams, MD. It has been our experience that most insurance plans have covered this clinic very well but because of high deductibles there have been some exceptions so we cannot guarantee coverage. Please contact your insurance to approve that Dr. Ted Williams, MD, is on your plan for best coverage (Please note: he also goes by 'Theodore Williams').
Medicare: If you are currently a patient at $host.facilityName- the time spent with Dr. Williams or the physician assistant can be billed to your Medicare plan.
Self-pay rates: Our self-pay fees are discounted to the same rate as insurance plan billing fees.
- First Visit: Prolonged face to face evaluation and initial plan: $280
-45 min total time spent with patient meeting with doctor, physician assistant or dietitian.
- Second Visit: Extended treatment plan and summary of test results: $164
-30 min total time meeting with one or two providers on functional medicine team.
- Third & Subsequent Visit: Fee is based on time spent with patient and varies depending on the complexity of each case.
- Brief Visit (15 minutes or less): $110
- Extended Visit (30 minutes): $164
*The $ amounts listed are subject to price increases so please check with our front desk for up to date visit amounts based on the codes and time spent for each visit.
*Most functional medicine patients require one initial visit with 2-6 follow up visits spread out over a 3 to 12 month period depending on the specific case and treatment plan. Most patients are seen on a once a month or every 3 month basis for follow up.
Additional Dietician Services
Most patients require additional visits with the dietitian and these visits can be billed to your insurance or self-pay rates may apply if you do not have insurance. Medicare patients do not have coverage to the dietitian separately unless they have a diagnosis of Diabetes or Renal Disease (CKD stages 1-4). If they choose to see the dietitian, the self-pay rates apply.